- 1 and 1/2 Cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg or Mixed Spice
- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 Orange Zest
1. Add the maple syrup, sugar, water, spices and zest to a medium sized saucepan and heat gently until everything has dissolved and combined.
2. Add the butter and bicarbonate of soda to the pan and mix well.
3. Turn off the heat and gradually add the flour to the pan until a dough has formed.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and roll into a ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge until it has cooled. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180˚C and line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
5. Once the dough has cooled, flour a worktop surface and roll out the dough to about a 1/4 of an inch thick.
6. Using a cutter of your choice, cut out as many cookies as possible until all of the dough has been used up.
7. Lay your cookies on the lined baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
8. Once the cookies are ready, removed them from the oven and leave them to cool before decorating.