If you are a smoothie bowl fan like me, then you know how frustrating it is when you end up with a runny smoothie instead of a thick creamy smoothie bowl.
So I’ve devised a step by step fool proof recipe to make sure you get the thick creamy smoothie bowl you were craving every time.
My general rule is to start with a base of frozen bananas and add as little liquid as possible to the blender.Sometimes if my blender is struggling a little then I will add some extra liquid but generally around a 1/4 cup.
So without further ado here are my top tips for creating the perfect smoothie bowl every time 💛
- Use 2 frozen bananas for the base of the smoothie bowl as this makes the perfect amount and the creamiest texture. 🍌
- Make sure the bananas are ripe (brown and spotty) before you freeze them and freeze them for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Add your other desired fruit, or vegetables. Frozen mango, avocado or berries are my favourite as they help create a thick creamy texture. Pineapple is also great.
- Add your favourite superfood or a handful of greens. I love green and blue superfood powders, acai, spinach or kale.
- Add a couple cubes of ice to help create a thick consistency.
- Blend in a high speed blender, or use a food processor. Personally I find the food processor creates the best smoothie bowl consistency.
- Pour a small splash of plant milk as you are blending to avoid adding too much and creating a runny texture.
- Serve in your favourite bowl and get creative with the toppings. I find by adding a little flower your smoothie bowl will instantly looks 10X better! I use pansies from my garden or dried rose petals from the supermarket 🌸
Here are some of my latest smoothie bowl creations 💛
If you are inspired to create a smoothie bowl from these instructions be sure to post a picture and tag me on Instagram @zaracarmichael x