Hello! I’m sorry for being MIA recently but I’m back and feeling really motivated to create and share my recipes, ideas, and life experiences.
I’ve been living in Turkey for the past few months on a beach resort where I’ve unintentionally been following an HCLF (High Carb Low Fat) diet. Now don’t get me wrong I looovee carbs as much as the next person but I believe a diet that balances all the macronutrients is the optimal one to follow.
Since I’ve returned I’ve been trying my best to get all the macro and micronutrients I need and more. I find starting my day with a smoothie is one of the best ways to ensure I’m getting all the goods as I can chuck in a bunch of veg, seeds and nuts to bulk it out.
Hence why this smoothie recipe comes out at a whole 25g of protein and 20g of healthy fats, making it a perfect post workout or balanced brekkie.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 2 tbsp Peanut Protein Powder (can sub for peanut butter)
- 1-2 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 Medool Date
- 1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Cup of Hemp Milk
- 1 Handful of Kale (optional)
- Chuck everything into a blender 😀
- Drink with a straw or pour into a bowl and top with more banana, peanut butter, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, cashews and dried fruit.