Chocolate gets a bad reputation for being unhealthy but it’s not the cacao itself that is the issue. It’s all the extra added sugar and fat that makes its maybe not the best option for breakfast.
However, in this recipe I used @naturesheartsuperfoods raw cacao powder which is cold-pressed, saving all the amazing nutrients and making them easy for our body’s to absorb
Did you know that cacao:
• is the richest source of plant-based iron
• is full of magnesium
• has more calcium than cows milk
• is a natural anti-depressant
I think it’s fair to say that chocolate porridge is a great way to start the day ☺️💛.
- 80g Oats
- 1 Cup of Boiled Water
- 1 Cup Plant-based Milk
- 2 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar/Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Boil the kettle, and place the oats in a medium pan.
- Add the boiled water, plant-based milk and raw cacao powder and simmer over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, peanut butter and sea salt until the oats are thick and creamy.
- Add more plant-based milk or water if desired then serve in two bowls.
- Top with extra peanut butter, fruit, nuts and a splash of milk.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oats