Dessert for breakfast? Sign me up!
This is a healthy breakfast twist on the classic apple crumble we all know and love. It’s really simple and perfect for someone with a busy schedule, students or families.
Not only is it simple but the ingredients are cheap, easy to find and its completely allergen free!
This recipe can be stored in the fridge for up to a week making it ideal for meal prep and busy student/ families.
- 5 – 6 Medium Apples (any kind will do!)
- 2- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar/ Maple Syrup (personal preference)
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Crumble Porridge Topping
- 150g Oats
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar / Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds or Seeds/Nuts of Choice!
- 300ml Boiled Water
- 100ml Plant Based Milk
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Chop the apples into bite-sized pieces and place in a large baking dish then sprinkle with coconut sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, seeds and coconut sugar/maple syrup and salt.
- Pour in the hot water, milk and vanilla then stir well to form a thick gluey consistency. If it seems a little runny add another handful of oats.
- Sprinkle over a little extra coconut sugar and cinnamon then place in the oven for 40 minutes, checking after 30 to prevent burning.
- Serve in bowl with plant-based milk for breakfast or custard for dessert and enjoy!