Peanut butter, banana and chocolate really is one of the best combinations out there, especially in cookie form.
This recipe also doubles up as energy balls as the mixture can be rolled and eaten raw, or placed in the oven for cookies!
Personally I like to roll half the mix into raw energy balls and place the other half of the mixture in the oven. But it’s up to you!
- 100g Oats
- 50g Cacao Nibs
- 50g Nuts of Choice (I recommend walnuts or cashews)
- 50g Peanut Butter
- 50g Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Large Banana (mashed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- In a medium bowl mash the banana with a fork and set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, plant-based milk, vanilla and salt until a smooth consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and then pour over the peanut butter mixture and banana. Mix well until a dough has formed.
- The dough should be sticky, prepare to get your hands messy (think of it as a stress reliever), massage the dough and roll about 1 handful of the mixture between your palms to create a ball.
- Feel to place them in the fridge like this and enjoy as energy bites or flatten with your palms and place on a baking tray.
- Once all of the mixture has been rolled into cookies, slice some banana coins and place in the centre of the cookie. Rub some coconut oil on the top of the banana coins to help them caramelise.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes and cool for half an hour, before drizzling with peanut butter.