I don’t know if it’s just in Scotland but the strawberries here are delicious right now. One of my favourite things to do in summer is fruit picking and I am lucky enough to have a couple of strawberry farms close to my house. Sadly, the strawberries pictured were not hand-picked but even the ones in the super-markets are really fresh and juicy at the moment. I may or may not have eaten an entire punnet yesterday…
This summer inspired salad is perfect as a light lunch or side dish for when you don’t want a big meal but you still want something substantial and filling. Which thanks to the healthy fats in the seeds, avocado and balsamic dressing this salad is.
- 3 Large Handfuls of Spinach
- 5-10 Strawberries (size dependant)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Handful of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 Handful of Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Handfuls of Pistachios (chopped)
- 1/2 Sliced Avocado
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Coconut sugar/ honey or maple syrup
- In a small bowl whisk to combine the dressing ingredients with fork.
- Prepare the salad starting with the spinach and strawberries.
- Then sprinkle over the onions and avocado and top with seeds and chopped pistachios.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to mix everything together.