A new family hit! I love it when my family enjoys my cooking and this was definitely a crowd pleaser, but then again who doesn’t like tacos.
The cauliflower is the star of the show, marinaded with soy, chilli, smoked paprika and cumin for that well-loved Mexican flavour. Then roasted in the oven for a crispy and tender bite (who needs chicken, am i right?!).
I served mine with a smokey aubergine dip for a natural bbq flavour but if you are tight for time, hummus or vegan mayo would be a great alternative.
- 2 Aubergines
- 1 Spring Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Parika
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 large Cauliflower Head
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1-2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 6 Small Soft Tacos (serves 2 – 3)
- Sliced or Mashed Avocado
- Lettuce or mixed leaves
- Black or Pinto beans
- Preheat the oven to 180° C and line 2 large baking trays with baking / parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, pull apart the cauliflower into bite sized florets. In a separate bowl peal the aubergine and then chop into medium sized chunks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, soy sauce and spices.
- Pour over the cauliflower and mix well until completely coated.
- Spread the cauliflower out evenly on one baking tray and the aubergine on the other.
- Drizzle the aubergine with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place both trays in the oven for approximately 25 minutes. They should be golden brown
- Meanwhile in a high speed blender or food processor combine the aubergine, with all of the aubergine dip ingredients until smooth. Depending on your blender, you may need to add more olive oil or water to loosen the mixture.
- Gently heat the tacos if desired and then spread a generous spoonful of the aubergine dip in the middle.
- Add the cauliflower, avocado, pickled cabbage or sauerkraut, greens and sweetcorn to the taco and serve with a lime wedge.