Skip to content
- 2 Cups Spelt Flour (or plain)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar (or brown)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 tsp Cinamon
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 Cups Soy Milk
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- In a jug, combine the soy milk and lemon juice and leave to sit. The milk should curdle to create a plant-based buttermilk.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar,chia seeds, bicarbonate, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk well to enure there are no lumps.
- Create a well and pour in the “buttermilk”
- Whisk together and then leave to sit for 5 minute to allow the chia seeds to soak up some of the mixture.
- Meanwhile in a non-stick pan, heat up some coconut or vegetable oil over a medium to high heat.
- Once hot, ladle approximatelt half a cup of mixture into the pan and fry until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- With a fish slice flip the pancake a cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Stack on a plate and serve with fresh fruit and maple syrup.